About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Monday 27 September 2010

First day of Sprachkurs

Today we had to take a written exam and an oral proficiency test. I'm not going to lie, the written was quite hard because it was six fill in the blank paragraphs in arbitrary places. If there were 4 letters in front of the space, then there had to be at least 4 letters following.


zum Beispiel, Gesch_ would then be Geschwindigkeit


Now imagine this for any arbitrary amount of letters, half words, run on adjectives.


In any event, the speaking portion was quite easy. I only had to talk about what people normally have for breakfast in the states.


Tomorrow i'll find out which class i'll be in, but I'm hoping it will be in B1. Fluency is ranked on an A,B,C scale here. A1, A2 = beginner.... B1, B2 = intermediate, C and after are advanced/fluent.


There's a couple things planned including movies, a trip to Hamburg, Braunschweig Stadt Tour, etc etc. So hopefully i can take some more pictures.


I still need to reach out to my contact for the research project and figure out exactly how classes are run here. Apparently it's open lecture, and if you want a grade, you register to take the final a couple weeks before the end. If you pass, you get certificate. If not, well....


That's it for now. Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. Nice way to get education i like your post we sgould do hardwork for getting education . thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sprachkurs was different than I expected. It was more about being used to hearing the language than an intensive, cramming of words and syntax. A refreshing approach which ultimately made it easier to break that mental barrier of being afraid to say something...for fear of sounding a fool. What this taught us was that it was better to try and make hundreds of mistakes than to not try at all. After you have made every possible mistake, then the only thing left is to become fluent.

    ReplyDelete