About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Goodbye Braunschweig

Last week there was a holiday on thursday, i used my flex-time (Gleitzeit) to take friday off so I could go back to Braunschweig and pick up my last piece of luggage. I had to leave some stuff behind because when I initially moved to München, I had to live out of a hostel for a week or so.

Thursday I had left immediately from work, packed a small bag and got a ticket to Braunschweig. Because it was spontanious, there were NO RESERVATION for seats. Thats right, I had to sit 4.5 hours on the floor of an ICE3. Wasn't as bad as you might think, as long as you stake your claim for a spot to sit. (or just sit on top of your luggage).

 It was great catching up with friends and classmates. I wish I could have at least stopped by to see if I could help with Lions Racing, but things haven't been going so well from what I've heard. Lots of changes.

We went to Okercabana, the Heidberg See (twice, second time to BBQ out by the water) and some bars throughout the weekend. I met up with many fellow IEP'ers and some International Students from TUBS-Sommerkurs which was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment