About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Dr.Grandin and the IEP Alums


This past weekend we had the great pleasure of having dinner and drinks with Dr.Grandin, his wife and many IEP Alums and contacts. Dr.Grandin is very well accomplished and respected as he has founded the International Engineering Program and has been the director for the past 23 years. The program has gained many awards and is one of the most nationally recognized in the country blending Engineering and Language to cater to a global marketplace. It has served as a model to other Global Engineering programs but is quite strong with partner schools and business programs in countries speaking German, Spanish, French and Chinese.  It was really refreshing to see what is possible and what opportunities await after graduating from this program. I still believe I want to pursue grad studies in Europe, but it was nice building up some connections. 


Click here for more info about the International Engineering Program









Sunday was pretty productive. Laundry, research, and planning for Nürburgring. It was beautiful out so i decided to walk around camera in hand.


This is where the magic happens, BMW Forschungs- und Innovationszentrum (research and innovation center). This is just the front entrance which is about 1/14th of the actual office complex. The office complex is only about 1/3 of this BMW campus. It is a wonderful place to work. I am sad when the weekend rolls around because I have to wait until Monday to go back. Every day, a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment