About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

ENGLAND: London, Southampton, Stone Henge, Bath

Before I start my Praktikum, I had a little bit of time before my week of chaos (more on this later)...

With the friendly invitation of some family, I rendezvoud with my Girlfriend in London. We saw many tourist sites and visited some local places not far as well. We got a tour from my step-brother through London. Then we got to go to the small town of Southampton and check out some old ruins. We took a tour of Stone Henge and Bath, then ate at local eatery's and had drinks in some pubs.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves, but it was a very nice break. This week I must:

Unpack
Do laundry
Repack all my belongings
Clean my room
Fill out the contract for BMW which arrives Wednesday, and mail it back
Write a two page report
Get my apartment inspected on Thursday
Catch a train to München (arrive around 7pm Thursday)
Check into and stay at a Hostel for one week.
Start work immediately the next day (Friday) at 8:30am

I finally was able to locate housing with the help of BMW's Accomodation office, but it will not be available until 7. April. I am excited to start working and being more productive. I also can't wait to start learning German more rapidly. I am quite sad that my stay here in Germany is already more than half way over, but something tells me..... I'll be back.


England:


















Full Flickr Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22512029@N06/sets/72157626375547120/

No comments:

Post a Comment