About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Procured a Praktikum!

I will be starting April 1 at BMW's Research and Innovation Center. I am very excited about the work to be done and look forward to learning as much as I can during my short time there. I am currently looking for a place to live then I'll move down at the end of the month. If anyone ever wants to visit München, let me know.

Lions Racing:
A lot of stuff has been happening this week. We had to recover clay from the beautifully scultped front end to finish the rear. We are now using body filler and sanding it to create the last layer before the fiberglass negative is created. Then that will act as a mold for the Carbon Fiber.

While I am quite happy about my upcoming internship, a part of me is saddened because I will no longer be able to actively participate in helping build the car. I may be able to help out with the Business Plan that they have to prepare and present.... but I am going to try my best to make it to Hockenheim to act as support crew when they compete Mid-August (If i can get the time approved). I would love to see the team to the end as this is a rare opportunity for me; and they are all great people.








Me sanding:


Full Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22512029@N06/sets/72157625266426453/

No comments:

Post a Comment