About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Tonight I am going to go to the  Bayerische Volkssternwarte München (an Observatory). Hopefully the clouds will stay away and I can view the Total Lunar Eclipse  :) 


I cannot believe it's already Wednesday; I suppose it was made possible by the holiday on Monday. This weekend a friend from our International Partner Project - Braunschweig is visiting. There are many planned festivities this weekend as it's Munich's birthday! (Stadtgründungsfest)


Looking forward to the pictures to come.




edit:

The moon was fairly low on the horizon and was covered by haze and alps. It poked through the clouds as it was filling back out and I was able to grab the picture above (using my new lens and cropping to 100%). The observatory was a lot of fun. They set up one of the large telescopes fixed on Saturn. It looked so small in the viewfinder, but all the rings were clearly visible. It was definitely humbling looking at the cosmos, and realizing just how small we are. The International Space Station streaked overhead, and we also saw an Iridium Flare (communications satelites whose panels reflect sunlight as they pass).

I love stargazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment