About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Monday 15 August 2011

This past weekend was a lot of fun. I went to the Gäubodenvolksfest in Straubing with some friends. It was a large carnival atmosphere with a Bavarian/Bierfest twist. The Town was beautiful (as to be expected at this point), the food was great, and the company made it all the better. It was a sunny day, a bit warm, so we often took shelter in a Bierzelt (Beer tent).

There were rides, games, and lots of food vendors offering up a variety of delicious delectables.  I was talked into getting a set of Lederhosen and the ladies helped me pick out what matched what. It was great going on some carnival rides and listening to the bands play.

While on the Ferris Wheel, we could see some large rain clouds rolling in from the distance. We went on one more ride, and rushed back to the Hauptbahnhof JUST in time to make the train before the downpour. What an eventful day.

Monday was a holiday and a friend had a visitor. We went to the Allianz arena and visited Olympiapark. All this time I had NO idea that there were imprints made in concrete by a bunch of musical artists. Saw BMW Welt/Museum then headed out to the Englischer Garten to eat/drink at the Chinesischer Turm. It was great talking and eating the Halbes Hend'l (half chicken) with a good Weißbier to wash it down. I am going to miss Germany a lot when I return to the states. I hope i can manage to come back for grad school, and even more so in Bayern. But at this point, Aachen is also looking attractive. It started to rain so we parted ways. I was awfully tired so I took a nap, and still managed to get a full nights sleep.

I'll be working on a Praktikumsbericht to hand in. I'm still a bit confused on the format, but we'll see. There's a lot of sensitive info I need to generalize. Next week is my interview for the Praktikumszeugnis (certificate of internship).

For the past month and some I have been doing some time lapse photography. I'll try to post up some examples, but i'd love to make a snipet video of my short time while here in Bayern/Germany.

Stay tuned...








Kein Sitzplatz!



Flicker set for Gäubodenvolksfest Straubing 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment