About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

A visit from the Director

Today the Director of the International Engineering Program, Frau Dr. Berka, visited BMW and had a small meeting with one of my bosses and I. We talked about the program and some future goals. It was very informative and low key. Everyone got along nicely and it was good to network a little bit. I had expressed my interest in grad studies in Germany. I am still torn between the IEP route and applying for TU München and RWTH Aachen. TUM would be stellar, because I have fallen in love with this city. The location, the spirit, the atmosphere is just amazing.

After the meeting, another student colleague and I went to the Chinesicher Turm with Dr. Berka to meet up with some IEP Alums and she had invited us for a Beer and some food. We talked about all things IEP and academics along with what we have done, gained, and learned while abroad. She seemed quite pleased with our development and proficiency in German, however I feel as though my skills have declined. I forgot some basic rules, made trivial mistakes and my vocabulary/grammar has definitely suffered. The only thing that has truly improved is conquering the fear of saying something wrong. It's better to make mistakes and be corrected all the time. Eventually, there will be no more mistakes to be made.

It was nice meeting up with a couple familiar faces (from the IEP Alums dinner a couple months ago). I will need to set up an appointment with Dr.Berka to get more information on scholarships and application processes for the Dual Masters Track. If only IEP had a program with TUM

~dream~

No comments:

Post a Comment