About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Friday 20 May 2011

Week in Review

This past Wednesday I attended a German Stammtisch organized through some forums on Toytown. It is a predominantly english speaking forum, but there are an ABUNDANCE of activities set up from concerts, photo scavenger hunts, stammtisch (in many different languages), wine tastings and so on. It is easy to get ideas to keep busy and meet people. Best part, toytown is active in many large cities around Germany. It was cool mingling with people from many different countries and with the help of some locals, we were able to engage in conversation at our own pace, own level, and with good constructive feedback. There is another German Practice Stammtisch on Sunday I will go to. Next Wednesday I will be taking part in a 6 person Portrait Workshop learning  how to use Studio Lighting. I can't wait, I haven't been motivated lately to take any new photos, but it would be nice to learn how to take pictures of people nicely.

My tickets for the 24Hours of Nürburgring have been booked! My boss is going to be there too for the Mini GP race and I think one other event. He told me to drop by the paddock for a visit  :) I am extremely excited, but again, sad I do not have access to a telephoto lens. :(

I have been more busy at work which is awesome. I helped translate a 96 slide PowerPoint for BMW Driver-Training (my boss is also a driving instructor). Today I got to sit in and offer a few recommendations for some hard to translate (into English) topics. However, they all did a great job, and it was just fun meeting others and listening in.

Tomorrow I will be heading off with two other IEP students to the Starnberger See for some sailing. Can't wait, even though some say it's the Apocalypse, I'm not going to let that get in the way of enjoying my short moment left in Germany. I just realized that in 2 or 3 weeks, I'll be halfway done with my internship which really breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment