About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Wednesday 8 December 2010

München / Neuschwanstein / BMW

München was pretty awesome; i got to meet up with a cousin who i haven't seen in about 10 years. The Weinachtsmarkt was pretty huge and lots of cool vendor/stands. The first night I wandered and took a couple pics.









Hofbrauhaus, one of many beer halls. I got a free Maß (1L) glass mug from here.


The Next day i went to Neuschwanstein. In the morning it was very cloudy, snowing even...but by afternoon it cleared up a bit. It was absolutely breathtaking.











Finally we went to the BMW Meuseum/BMW Welt and the BMW Factory tour. They make the 3 series in München and showed how the panels are all stamped/pressed, glued and welded. Then how the motor and drivetrain is assembled. Cost was 5€ for factory tour, 6,50€ for the Museum. They have an exibit on the BMW art cars till the end of December.

2004 BMW H2R


z8











I hate posed shots, but here's me cheesing in front of the 2004 M3 GTR










Art Cars








white balance was messed up, but thought it was cool anyway. To the left is BMW Welt, that little bowl/building on the right hand side is BMW Museum.



 I'll spare the slow page loading times so heres:
Flickr set for München and BMW

Flickr set for Neuschwanstein

1 comment:

  1. hmm going abroad not easy but you haave done hardwork.

    ReplyDelete