About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Wednesday 22 December 2010

München and Füssen, take two

After drinking two Austrian RedBulls (original recipe is claimed to be much stronger than other world markets), we took a train to München which was about 5 hours through the country side. It was cloudy but a nice train as i was fast asleep (i guess redbull/caffine/taurine does nothing for me).


We walked around the München Christkindmarkt (equiv of christmas/weihnachtsmarkt).





We also went to Hofbräuhaus. I ordered my usual Maß Hell (liter of light beer) and Amanda went straight for, and i quote, "Ein Maß Dunkel." She didn't realize what she ordered was a dark beer but she enjoyed it a lot more than the light.


They even had live musik!


complete Flickr for München click here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22512029@N06/sets/72157625552201458/

The next day we went to Füssen, (a lot of duplication for me this trip, but she wanted to see everything i got to see). This time we went to take the tour of Schloß Hohenschwangau. It belonged to the same King that built Neuschwanstein up the hill, King Luwig II (the one that spent all of Bavaria's finances on building castles and additions to existing 'summer homes' such as Hohenschwangau. The room right above the master bedroom had holes drilled in through the floor and glass rods inserted, so that when servants lit candles upstairs, it looked like stars were shining through the ceiling. He had a study with a telescope pointed straight at the hill Neuschwanstein was being built on. Alas he was deemed clinically insane because of his spending habits and 3 days after he was removed from the throne....... he was found face down in a lake.





My favorite shot of Neuschwanstein 


 complete Flickr for Füssen click here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22512029@N06/sets/72157625552127220/

No comments:

Post a Comment