About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Thursday 14 April 2011

BMW Mobile Tradition/Classic Warehouse

Today I got a personal tour of the BMW Classic Warehouse. It's quite a special place, preserving and observing the history and heritage of the BMW brand. There are stories behind every car, and it's more than just a museum full of old vehicles.

Some special highlights include a V16 prototype 7 series that never went into production. Dozens and dozens of motorsports cars from Dakar, WRC, DTM, and F1. An X5 with a 700hp LeMans V12 race motor. and many original cars that are of historical significance to the growth and evolution of the company.

I didnt take my camera, but there are several links available on the internet with pictures.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/bmw-classic-warehouse

http://www.streetfire.net/video/very-very-fast-bmw-x5-le-mans-v12-700-hp_12678.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment