About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Monday 18 April 2011

This past saturday, I visited a friend in Kaufering (40 minutes train from München). We took bikes and explored many trails in the next town over (Landsberg am Lech). The river Lech flows from the Füssen (Neuschwanstein Castle) area and is right now a lot of ice melt. The water is crystal clear and a very strange tint of blue. like Port-o-potty BLUE. Only with a polarizer do the colors show true. I get internet 28th (been tethering android) so i will have a lot to upload for those who only check the thread for pics lol.

After riding around for 4 hours, we went to a local market to buy beer. 4 euros got me a Löwenbräu, Weihenstephaner, Chiemsee, and some other local brew. We then headed off to the Night Groove. Night Groove is a musik festival that is observed every year where there are some 10 venues and 15 performing artists/groups that just play live music. It's a great time, lots of beer, lots of people, huge variety of music from Chili Pepper cover bands to Salsa/Latin music and even original German Blues/Jazz which actually sounds good. It was a great time, ending at 3am.

Sunday.....I did nothing. Washed laundry and went for a walk essentially. I did find a really awesome place for Phở. That made my tummy really happy as soup is my comfort food...and man i miss good soup.

Today was semi-interesting. Drove a Cooper S 4wd. Great peppy car, but a little soggy on the suspension.

I keep swinging back and fourth in thought about Turbo s50 when i get home, or just build another e30 with a special motor. I dunno, i should probably just sell the motorcycle and finish school before playing. If anyone reading this is in Munich and needs help working on their car, or need a passenger to the Nürburgring, let me know.

Tomorrow, i'll be at the test track with my boss (the race car driver). Should be a fun day  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment