About Me

My photo
München, Bayern, Germany
I love all things motorsports and racing. I have an unhealthy addiction to modifying anything mechanical. Brakes and Suspension are my forte and I love driving fast in slow cars. I am in love with math, physics and knowing how things work. But if there's anything I've learned since being here, it's that experiencing a multitude of other cultures, traveling, and seeing tangible history will enrich ones life in ways no book can offer.

Saturday 30 April 2011

Sorry for the delay

I haven't been able to update much because I have been without internet since I moved out of the Hostel. The BMW Apartment quite is quite nice and is directly on a subway (U-Bahn) line making it convenient to get to work. I finally got internet last Friday and will be spending some time uploading photos and posting pictures for you all.

I have been given new levels of responsibility at work, and have been lucky to drive on the handling course under the instruction of my supervisor (the race car driver). He is very informative and gives excellent feedback and advice even while I'm diving into corner after corner. I think i'm going to ask for his autograph before I leave  ;)

I have been assisting some colleagues with setting up cars and learning some of the software used at BMW. I am sad that a month has passed so quickly. I honestly hate weekends because most of the time I have nothing to do. I always look forward to Monday's because I get to go back to work. I know it sounds backwards, but it's the truth. I am having a blast at this internship and learning a lot of suspension theory which is completely relevant to my interests in Motorsports.

Someone stop me now, I've been thinking about purchasing a German Textbook on Kinematik/Elastokinematiks for some light reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment